This set of instructions will walk you through adding lesson hooks in your D2L/Brightspace course. This allows students to access Cloud and enables their grades to transfer back into D2L. If you need help locating the LTI credentials for your course, please follow the steps in How do I find the LTI hooks for my course?
Make sure you have completed the steps in Adding Course Hooks in D2L/Brightspace before completing the steps below.
1. Navigate to the content section of your course and select "Add Existing Activities"
2. Select "External Learning Tools" from the drop-down
3. Select "Manage External Learning Tools." Do not select "Create New LTI Link"
4. Select "New Link"
5. Add a title (ex: Getting Started). Add the Tool Provider URL. Check "Allow users to view this link"
6. Select the "Link key/secret" radio button
Find and copy the "Tool Provider Key" and "Tool Provider Secret" in SI Cloud
Paste the Tool Provider Key and Tool Provider Secret into the "Key" and "Secret" fields, respectively
7. Select "Add customer parameters." In the "Save Changes" pop-up, select "Save"
Please read Which hook is best? to help you decide which lesson hook you should use in your course.
8. Insert the Lesson hook information as shown below
Note: the hooks are displayed in SI as "lesson_hook=hol-mlesson-********." When performing this step, "lesson_hook" is placed in the name section. Everything after the "=" in the hook is placed in the value section (hol-mlesson-********).
9. Select all check boxes for the security settings, then select "Save" and "Close"
10. Navigate back to the content section of your course. Select "Add Existing Activities," then select "External Learning Tool" from the drop down. Select the link you created.
11. Select the drop-down next to the new "External Learning Tool" link. Select "Edit Properties In-place."
13. Refresh the page, then select the "External Learning Tool" link
Follow the same procedure in the previous article, Adding Course Hooks in D2L/Brightspace, to open as an external resource. Do not select the "eye" icon for the lessons.
14. To add a lesson to the gradebook, select the lesson in Brightspace/D2L. In the assessment section, select "Add a grade item..."
15. Fill in "New Grade Item" details as desired
16. Repeat steps 1–15 above for each additional lesson in your Science Interactive course
If you would like to see how the SI Gradebook works, please see How to use the SI Cloud Gradebook.