This set of instructions helps you connect the course app in Canvas to your Modules, which allows students to use single-sign on. Before completing this article, you should first create an app for the course.
1. Once you have created all of the Apps you will need, navigate to the modules page
For instructions on creating apps, see Creating Apps in Canvas
2. Locate the module where the course hook should go
The course hook will not be visible to students, but we recommend putting this somewhere that you will remember in the future.
You can add our external tool to any module you already have or create a new module in your course by following the instructions below.
4. Select the "+" button in the upper right-hand corner of the module
5. Select the "Assignment" dropdown, then select "External Tool"
6. Select the App you created that contains the Course hook
7. Select the "Load in a new tab" checkbox
8. Select "Add Item" (the link will appear in your module)
9. Select the new link in your module to finish connecting Canvas to SI Cloud
This link should remain in the course unpublished, because it must be in the course, but students do not need to use it (they use the lesson hooks instead).
The link will direct you to your SI Cloud Dashboard (below). This ensures that your Canvas Course is linked to SI Cloud).
10. Follow the help article called "Step 4: Connecting the Lesson Apps in modules" to complete the LTI process
You can find the article here: Step 4: Connecting the Lesson Apps in Modules & Assignments