This error occurs when:
- a course has been copied in the LMS and a Regular Course Hook was used
- a Regular Course Hook has been set in two separate course shells in an LMS
Please go to the Which hook is best? article for more information.
A new section or instance is required for each new semester and section of a course. If a new section or instance has not been created for you in SI Cloud please contact your regional account manager.
1. Check that the Course Hook has been updated.
Select your LMS to review the specific instructions related to this step.
- Canvas: Update the regular course hook in the App you created to link SI Cloud and your Canvas Course in the Custom Fields section.
- Blackboard: Update the Course "Web Link" to have the new regular course hook in the Custom Parameters section in the Web link setup.
- D2L/Brightspace: Update the Course Hook that is added to the Custom Parameters appropriately.
- Moodle: Update the regular course hook is in the Custom Parameters section in the External Tool setup.
2. Check that the Course Hook is not in multiple LMS courses.
If you have the regular course hook in multiple sections you will need to:
- Replace the regular course hook in the sections showing the error with a regular course hook from a separate instance/section on SI Cloud
- Contact your regional account manager if a new section or instance has not been created for you in SI Cloud.
If these steps do not resolve the error please contact your regional account manager for assistance.